Mosey down the spunky streets of Montezuma toward Organico for heaping portions of international food and drinkable desserts even more alluring than the local bands performing live music on its stage seven nights a week.read more close
The Montezuma music melody sounds extra sweet when you're drinking one of Organico's original smoothies and shakes, $6-$7. You're in for a treat with any of them, so taste a few.
- **Black is Back: homemade dark chocolate gelato, mint extract, almonds, coconut oil
- Cariblanca: avocado, lime, coconut oil, basil
- Iguana: pineapple, cucumber, aloe vera, ginger, banana
An ever-changing food menu at Organico moves to beat of its own drum, shaping fresh produce and meat classics into funky specialties. On the day we showed up, we tasted:
- Spinach hummus, $6, served with carrots, cucumber and homemade bread to dip
- Coconut curry risotto, $11, chickpeas, eggplant, zucchini, onion, carrot, and shrimp
- **Special meat Cabuya, $10, mixed plate with handmade German sausage and ham, pickled red onion, grilled zucchini, red bell pepper, ramekin of mayo, and salad with tomato, lettuce and olive oil
- Spaghetti, $11, avocado, basil, coconut cream sauce, seasoned with secret spices
** Our Organico favorites
Prime dinner real estate is at one of the tables on the outdoor restaurant's porch, and there are always plenty of people jamming to the live music on the street in front of the entrance.
Food arrives at a beach vacation speed, so get into the music and relax for a while in the crispy Montezuma air.
Appetizers $5-$12; Entrees $10-$20; Dessert $2-$10; Smoothies and shakes: $6-$7
6:30 a.m.-11 p.m.; Closed Wednesday