- Summary: Trendy San Jose suburb; features country clubs, golfing, fine dining and city amenities.
- Landscape: City, Mountains
- Attractions: Gold Museum, Jade Museum, National Theater, Nightlife
- Activities: Golfing, Live Theater, Shopping
- Caters to: Day Trippers, Families, Luxury Travelers
- Quick Facts: 6 miles west of San Jose; 2 miles west of Escazu ; 4,200 feet above sea level ; Warm days and mild evenings ; 72-81 F
Santa Ana Snapshot
Just west of Escazu sits Santa Ana, one of San Jose’s trendiest suburbs and a rapidly growing community known for its relaxed ambiance and convenient location. Its dry climate and mild temperatures attract sun-lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. Amenities include modern tennis courts and two equestrian centers, both close to residential areas.read more close
Two of the country’s premier residential estates are located in Santa Ana, and golfers will appreciate the excellent greens close by. Just six miles from San Jose, Santa Ana has several fine restaurants and shops, and is close to the international CIMA hospital, whose bilingual staff caters to overseas patients. Many expatriates have relocated to the hills of Santa Ana, and visitors will find several American chain restaurants and businesses in the neighborhood.
Though modernized by recent development, Santa Ana is considered an artisan center for traditional pottery. Beautiful arts and crafts can be purchased at the Ceramica Santa Ana, where unique pieces are crafted on old kick wheels. Like most Costa Rican towns, Santa Ana has a lovely central park and Catholic church, which add some local flair to this San Jose suburb.
Several upscale hotels offer travelers the comforts of home, and day trips to nearby attractions are simple with the country’s main highways close at hand. This attractive combination makes Santa Ana a convenient and peaceful place to stay.