Tres Leches - Three Milk Cake
Last updated: Jan 14, 2014
Cooking Time: 1 Hour 30 min Yield: 12 servings Level: Easy
7 eggs whites
7 tablespoon sugar
7 tablespoon flour
2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
Vanilla extract to taste
1 3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup whipped cream
1 cup eggnog
1 cup sugar
3 egg whites
Juice from one half of a lime
- Beat 7 egg whites until stiff peaks form. Continue beating and pour in 7 egg yolks one by one, 7 tablespoon sugar, flour, baking powder and vanilla extract. Keep beating the mix until dough forms.
- Preheat the oven to 482° F (250° C.) Place the mix in a square, medium glass baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes: 12 minutes in the lower part of the oven, and 8 minutes on the upper part of the oven.
- Blend the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, whipped cream, and eggnog.
- Take baked cake out of the oven; punch with a fork so that the blended milks can penetrate; pour the milk blend and let soak for 20 minutes and then spread icing on the top.
- Beat three egg whites until stiff peaks form. Continue beating and add 1 cup sugar and lime juice.
- Spread icing on the top of the baked mix with the blend milk. Keep refrigerated. It will be good for three days.