Encanta La Vida
At a Glance
- Near Corcovado National Park
- Adventure/surfing/canopies nearby
Unplug from the world, connect with nature, be present, and unwind from the chaos of life at Encanta La Vida Hotel. Lay back in an outdoor hammock and become “One” with all the animals in the 8.6 acres you are surrounded by. Spot one of the four species of monkeys or come across green dart frogs, geckos, sloths, toucans, scarlet macaws, and blue morpho butterflies.read more close
Just 11 miles south of Puerto Jimenez, Encanta La Vida Hotel's a premiere off-the-grid lodging destination that make tourists instantly feel more peaceful upon their arrival. A humble and kind staff takes care of all requests as best they can, and often join you for meals, creating a family-like environment.
The five cabanas, built from local hard woods that were drug out by water buffalos, feature nine rooms, all equipped with solar-powered lights, fans, a safe for your belongings, and mosquito nets for your nightly comfort.
Enjoy one of the rooms inside the three-story Pole Structure with garden views. For the same price, the "Casona" rooms have a large veranda with hammocks and rocking chairs. The Ranchito Cabana, is backed by the jungle and has a private deck. Those looking for a more spacious accommodation can stay in the newest structures, nicknamed “Deluxe”, which can hold 3-6 people - very private and tucked into the forest and surrounded by gardens. The Honeymoon Cabana, is perfect for lovers with 700 square feet of space, rear and front decks, and a tiled shower.
Room rates from May-Nov, no 13% sales tax included:
- Casona 2- sleeps 1-3, $130 pp or $165 for single
- Casona 3 – 3-4 people, $130 pp or $165 for single
- Pole One - 1-4 people, $130 pp or $165 for single
- Pole Two – 1-2 people, $130 pp or $165 for single
- Pole Three – 2-3 people, $130 pp or $165 for single
- Ranchito, 1-2 people, $135 pp or $170 single
- eluxe 1 – sleeps 3-5, $145
- Deluxe 2 – sleeps 3-6, $145
- Honeymoon suite, sleeps 2, $150 or $185 for single
* Price increases by an average of $20 from December through April.
Check in – 1 p.m.; Check out – 11 a.m.
A scrumptious breakfast, a one-course lunch and a three-course dinner are served in the outdoor communal dining room. Most of the dishes are only prepared after you sit down to ensure that your meal is hot and fresh.
While meals are lodge-style with a set weekly menu that rotates out every seven days, Encanta La Vida's local chefs pride themselves on their ability to accommodate all dietary preferences and restrictions.
- Huevos rancheros – homemade corn tortillas, layered with refried black beans, topped by a fried egg and a delicious tomato based salsa sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
- Gallo Pinto - rice and beans sauteed with onions, tomato, cilantro and red bell pepper, served with scrambled eggs, fresh avocado and home made bread or toast.
- Taco salad - homemade corn tortilla filled with black beans, organic lettuce, pico de gallo and cheese; drizzled with sour cream.
- Arroz con pollo - chicken and rice mixed with vegetables and spices, served with patacones (fried green plantains) and a cabbage slaw salad.
- Avocado cabbage salad - tossed with mango dressing and topped with a scoop of hummus and a toast.
- Seared tuna - served with an avocado wasabi salsa accompanied by coconut infused rice and sauteed carrots and spinach seasoned with ginger.
- Baked chicken breast with pesto - served with mashed potatoes and curried cauliflower, broccoli, and zucchini.
- Note: dinner is served with homemade bread that is baked daily, and ginger carrot, tomato chickpea or butternut squash soup.
- Key lime pie
- Coconut flan
- Cream-covered carrot cake
- Coffee & tea: 7:15 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Breakfast: 8-9 a.m.
- Lunch: 1-2 p.m.
- Dinner: 6:30 p.m.
Services and amenities
- Laundry for $15 per load.
- International calls are $2 per min.
- Can host yoga retreats and weddings.
- Tour bookings - Waterfall repelling, surf lessons, tree climbing, canopy tour, chocolate tours, horseback riding, guided nature walks animal sanctuary, dolphin tours and fishing.
- Soft-water pool and swim-up bar, where you can enjoy alcoholic drinks from $3-10 or non-alcoholic beverages for $3-5.
- Ping pong table
- Ocean view second story Yoga deck
- Monkey Bar for alcoholic drinks - 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Wi-Fi and electric outlets are only available near their office, which often becomes a social hub for great conversations.
Yoga, Massage, and Spa Services!
Styles of massage offered: Therapeutic, Swedish, Deep Tissue, Trigger Point, Sports, Thai Table, Body Scrubs, and Pregnancy.
Massage rates: $80/60 minutes, $115/90 min, $155/120 minutes
Yoga classes offered: Hatha Flow, Thai Yoga, and Surfer’s Vinyasa are some of the classes that are offered at Encanta La Vida, right on their beach-view second-story yoga deck. An experienced yoga teacher guides you through various postures that will leave your muscles stretched and relaxed.
Restorative Yoga is a nice and easy class where you will have parts of your body massaged while holding different postures on the floor. Essential oils are also used to help you further relax, as you breathe their vapors into your chest and exhale a breath of relief.
Yoga class rates: $15 per person for Encanta La Vida guests and $75 for 90 minutes of a private lesson.
- Encanta La Vida is the first lodge established in the Cabo Matapalo area of the Osa Peninsula back in 1989.
- There is evidence that humans have lived on the Osa Peninsula since 6,000 B.C. and as long as there are lodges like this, they will continue to do so.