Cahuita Places to Stay
Visitors will find comfortable cabins and quiet hotels lining the beaches and downtown streets in Cahuita, most offering Caribbean style and tropical flair.
While Cahuita's small enough that you could walk the whole town on foot in an hour or two, there are two distinct areas of town: central Cahuita and Playa Negra. Both offer budget-friendly accommodations – even the priciest hotels cost less than $150 per night.
The six blocks between the bus station and the Caribbean coast make up central Cahuita. Close to the bus station, the national park, Playa Blanca, the town's square and most of Cahuita's nightlife, central Cahuita is the most popular and accessible place to stay.
- For $10 to $20 a night you can find hostels with private and shared dorms; hot water, fans, cable and Wi-Fi. Some hostels include breakfast while others offer fully-equipped kitchens.
- For about $30 per night, you'll find hotel rooms close to the beach with private bathrooms, hot water, Wi-Fi, fans and pools. Often they serve breakfast, but it's not included in the room rate.
- For about $80 per night, you'll find hotel rooms close to Cahuita National Park and Playa Blanca with pools. Rooms include private bathrooms, A/C, Wi-Fi and breakfast.
Secluded along a road that hugs the beach in its loop around the coast, Playa Negra is sequestered on the north end of town, only a five- to ten-minute walk from central Cahuita. You'll find most accommodations, local bars and restaurants close to the beach.
- For $10 to $20 a night you can find hostels with private and shared dorms; hot water, cable, fans and Wi-Fi. Some hostels include breakfast while others offer fully-equipped kitchens. Most are close to the beach.
- For about $50 per night, you'll find boutique hotels with comfortable rooms, private bathrooms, hot water, fans, Wi-Fi and pools close to the beach.