Vista Los Suenos Rainforest tours
- Zip line through the transitional rainforest
- Fly across 12 cables
- Ride horses to a hidden waterfall
- Time length : 2 hours per tour
- Telephone : 2637-6020
- Hours : 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Price : Canopy $65 per person; Horseback riding $70 per person
- Location : Five minutes from Herradura beach
The last three lines on Los Suenos canopy tour take visitors soaring on steel cables between the giant ceiba trees of Jaco's transitional rainforest. These goliath trees can grow more than 200-feet tall, high above most other rainforest flora. So high that ancient Guatemalan tribes used to place their dead under these trees to help them reach the heavens. So high, you feel like your halfway to heavens yourself while standing on the platforms in between cables.read more close
And the Ceiba is only one of the trees amongst a whole rainforest you'll encounter on your excursion along the Los Suenos canopy and horseback riding tours.
With 12 cables and 14 platforms, the canopy tour at Los Suenos takes guests on an adventure a hundred feet off the forest floor. The longest of the cables stretches nearly 2,000 feet while cable number six has a photographer waiting to take your picture as you ride upside down on the zip-line (that's optional by the way).
Horseback Riding tour
There's something about the swagger of a horse winding up a dirt trail that puts you in contact with nature; that gentle, relaxing and quiet sway. Los Suenos Horseback riding tours feature a variety of trails for all experience levels, but the most popular is the waterfall trail.
Fit for the novice and the acolyte alike, the waterfall trail weaves past the pastures and creek beds of a river valley into rainforest-swept mountains. The trail turns a rich-red color as the sand of the creek bed gives way to clay as you climb the mountain.
After a mile-long romp through the rainforest, guests arrive at a waterfall; or rather a series of cascades and natural pools. The tallest of the cascades stands roughly 10-feet high and falls into a plunge pool about 8-feet deep. Guests are encouraged to take a dip in the refreshing waters, try the natural slide of the second fall and wade in the shallow pool near the bottom of the cascades. Guides come prepared with snacks of fruit to refresh guests before the ride back.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in Herradura, Jaco, Playa Hermosa Puntarenas
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between three and four hours after tour start time
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 50 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.