- Ride the waves along Jaco Beach's south shore
- Learn to stand up, paddle into the waves
- Time length : 2 hours
- Telephone : 8879-3332/2643-1444
- Hours : Depends on the tides
- Price : $50
- Location : Jaco beach
Waves crash against the south end of Jaco's chocolate-stained sands in one of the best spots for new surfers. Surfer Factory offers lessons based on the tides – three hours before and after high tide. Fortunately, Costa Rica has four tides a day so it's easy to arrange a lesson.read more close
Surfer Farctory provides boards, rash guards, pickup from hotels around Jaco. Instructors teach all experience levels for surfers looking for a refresher lesson to beginners who've never ridden in their lives. For beginners, the instructors demonstrate how to stand up on the board and how to paddle before taking you in the surf. Out among the waves, instructors will help you choose the right wave, push you to help catch waves and correct your form as you find your balance while riding on the board.
For those with a little more experience, you'll paddle with instructors out past the breakers where you'll learn how to pick waves, catch them on your own and ride the green (where the wave has yet to break). The farther north you move up the beach the bigger the waves get, so while the south end has smooth, spilling waves the north end has powerful barreling waves better fit for more experienced riders.
After your lesson you can opt to rent the board for the day at an extra $10.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in Herradura, Jaco, Playa Hermosa Puntarenas
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between three and four hours after tour start time
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 50 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.