Superman de Osa
- 1.25 mile- zip line
- Longest superman cable in the country
- Telephone : 2743-8102
- Hours : 7 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Price : $95 w/ transportation
- Location : 4 miles from Cortes
Ripped straight from the pages of a DC comic, Superman de Osa takes flight above Costa Rica's tropical canopies on the longest cable ride in Costa Rica as of 2013.read more close
Superman de Osa is set in the forest development of the Osa Mountain Village. There, Superman de Osa pushed the physical limits of its steel zip-line stretching it 1.25 miles long, the absolute maximum for a safe ride.
From a starting elevation of more than 3,000 feet with views stretching from Uvita Beach to the Osa Peninsula, riders plunge into the Osa Mountain valley dropping nearly a thousand feet on the way at speed that can reach as fast as 87 miles per hour. En route, they'll pass over the rainforest canopy and past the Osa Mountain Village community center. The journey lasts from about a minute and a half to two minutes and ends as you slide into a system of brakes that includes two different back-up measures to ensure a safe landing on the other side.
The price of the tour includes transportation and snacks.
While the ride is thrilling, it is only a two-minute ride down the mountain so you should consider some of the other activities in the Osa Mountain Village when you take the Superman de Osa cable ride. You can also go on a canopy tour, a waterslide, a butterfly garden and go through an animal sanctuary. All of these are available as a part of the Osa Mountain Village, a 750-acre community. Look for package deals that include some of the tours for a more complete trip.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels and rental homes in low lands along Manuel Antonio, Dominical, Uvita, Ojochal and other coastal towns along the southern Pacific
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 120 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.