Stone Sphere Park Tour
- See ancient Costa Rican artifacts and understand their place in history
- Get up close to stones as you walk through the village
- Location : Sierpe
- Time length : 2-3 hours
- Hours : Tuesday-Sunday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Price : $50 per person
- Note : Bilingual guide and transportation to/from hotel included
- What to bring : Camera, sunscreen
Walk on the same ground as ancient Costa Rican tribes once did and unwrap the mysteries of what they left behind – perfectly shaped stone spheres – at Finca 6.read more close
When you arrive, spend time wandering through the indoor exhibition that breaks down the history of the former village and its mysterious artifacts all the way back to 10,000 BC.
Notice the diorama of the hut that illustrates the layout of a regular house and puts into perspective the placement of the stones that you will soon see.
Now it is time to walk down the dirt road that leads to the grassy, overgrowth that covers the ground of the former village.
The quiet surroundings allow you to close your eyes and think back to the diorama and imagine where things were placed as well as ponder why the tribes spread the largest spheres out to form the three points of a triangle – no one knows why or how they were created, the only thing for certain is that seeing them in real life is truly astonishing.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in Sierpe
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 30 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between 12 p.m. and 1 p.m.