Stand Up Paddle Boarding and Snorkeling
- Explore the Pacific from above and below its surface
- Ride a stand up paddleboard on the ocean with ease
- Snorkel near Chora Island in Samara Bay
- Time length : 3 hours
- Hours : 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. or around sunset
- Price : $49 per person
- Note : Transportation, snacks, sup board, snorkeling gear included
Your SUP board skims Samara's gentle tides, hardly wavering until your paddle breaks its surface, providing a sneak peak at tropical fish swimming below the sapphire.read more close
Jumping into the warm water is so alluring; the ocean's warm water tickled your curiosity when you bellied the paddleboard across those first few whitecap waves. Just wait another 20 minutes – the time to satisfy that underwater curiosity will come.
Keep paddling, alternating sides every few strokes, noticing the tranquility of anchored fishing boats to your left and jubilant vacationers swimming on the right. Glance back – even from a quarter mile offshore, Playa Samara looks equally charismatic.
Chora Island's birthday cake shape grows clearer with each swift movement. Before you know it, you're kneeling on the board streamlining quickly toward the shore where SUP boards and kayaks lay abandoned by tourists and locals snorkeling the island's coral reefs. Watching other snorkelers wade carelessly above the whimsical coral reef world below, your desire to explore deepens.
Snorkeling Chora Island
Find whole schools of fish wading to the movement of the current in the green coral crevices and canyons of the reef. Float near the area where two waves crash into each other from two different sides - the Samara Bay and the Pacific - over the protruding reef to see the largest variety of colorful fish. Chora Island's snorkeling is known to behold tons of guineafowl pufferfish, red snapper, tigerfish, and parrotfish. Deeper beneath the surface of the water, you can usually see starfish posted up next to sea urchins in the holes of the reef.
Admire all the underwater beauty you can before swimming back to Chora Island. Mount the board for the final leg of your journey, paddling back to the south end of the beach in Samara.
Another reason this tour is great? They've got all the logistics figured out, so you can smooth sail through the whole adventure:
- a shuttle picks and drops you off at your hotel
- a local bilingual guide teaches you all the SUP and snorkeling basics on the shoreline before you enter the water
- SUP board, paddle and snorkeling gear is provided
- a fresh fruit snack is provided once you reach Chora Island
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in Samara and Playa Carrillo
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between three and four hours after tour start time
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 50 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.