Sierpe River Mangrove Forest Boat Tour
- Take in the scenery and learn about the Mangrove forest
- Spot the many species of animals that live along the Sierpe River
- Enjoy a few hours off your feet
- Physical activity : None
- Hours : daytime and evening tours available, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Price : $50 per person
- What to bring : Camera, sunscreen, binoculars (optional)
- Distance : about 9 miles
- Location : Sierpe
Iguanas sunning their cold-blooded bodies, colorful birds perching high and low, and spider monkeys leaping daringly back and forth across the river occupy the branches of tall Mangrove trees that surround you while floating up the river, across the Azul Canal and into a quiet lagoon on a trip to the Sierpe River Mangrove forest.read more close
As you continue across the river, look up under the bridge when you reach the Azul Canal there might be a group of nocturnal long nose bats snoozing during the day.
The canal reaches a lagoon, where packs of howler, capuchin and squirrel monkeys are sometimes spotted high in the branches of the Inga and Ficus trees that enclose it, here the boat loops around and takes the same path back across the canal to return to the Sierpe River.
Sip the cold beverage that the tour guide provides on the way back while you sit back and soak up the beauty and value of the Mangrove forest and all its treasures.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels and rental homes in low lands along Manuel Antonio, Dominical, Uvita, Ojochal and other coastal towns along the southern Pacific
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 120 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.