Scuba Diving Catalinas Islands Archipelago with Pacific Giant Manta Rays
- Try your luck coming face-to-face with Pacific giant manta rays
- PADI Professional Underwater Guide
- A full Scuba pro line of equipment rental available
- Open : Manta ray peak season (November to May); other times available upon request
- Minimum number of divers to operate the tour : 4
- Skill set required : Certified Open Water Diver or an equivalent experience of 20 to 30 dives; strong currents
- Dive sites : two 30-45-minute dives with an hour interval; additional dive available upon request for an extra fee
- Tour start time : 6:15 a.m.
- Tour end time : 12:30 p.m. at the beach where trip started
- Total length : 6 hours 30 minutes
- Price : 2 tanks: $135 / 3 tanks $165; equipment rental is $25 per day
- Note : We might at our own discretion require you to do a local dive to test your abilities and assess your current diving level to ensure you will have a safe dive
Glide along the Pacific giant manta rays, above playful devil rays, surrounded by large schools of fish and sharks scuba diving in the undersea gardens of Catalinas Islands Archipelago. From the boat, spot dolphins, turtles, humpback whales and orcas in the Catalinas Islands Archipelago Scuba Diving Excursion.read more close
Perched at the top of a volcanic submarine rocky mountain with a forgiving sandy bottom, it is draped with algae, dotted here and there with shark caves. The Catalinas Islands is a 20-Island archipelago that lies 8 miles offshore from Flamingo Beach.
The Catalinas Archipelago is one of the best locations to spot rays specifically Pacific giant mantas and other ray's species such as butterfly, devil, spotted eagles, bullseye, bat, mobley and sting. It houses a sea full of nurse sharks, many varieties of eels, and schools of fish named like Emperor Angel, Humbug, parrot, puffer, jacks, milk among others.
Be at the dive shop at 6 a.m. to check in. You can drive and park in the parking lot available at the dive shop if parking lot is full then the dive shop will tell you where to park. We can arrange to pick you up at your hotel between 5 a.m. and 5:30 a.m.– additional fees may apply.
Check in with the dive shop to register, sign the waivers and medical questionnaires and meet your designated divemaster. Test and fit your diving equipment and gear.
You will then take a short walk to Coco Beach where a small dinghy will take you to the boat. The boat trip to Catalinas Islands is about an hour depending on the final location of your dive site – dive sites are chosen based on your experience, weather conditions and visibility of the day.
Upon arrival at your first dive site you will be briefed on the dive. You will then put on your equipment. You will explore your first dive site and then rest for an hour on the boat as it travels to the next site then you will undertake your second dive. You may opt for a third dive at your discretion for an additional cost.
The boat offers covered area, shore communication system, oxygen and a first aid kit. Assorted refreshments including fresh fruit are served on board during surface intervals between dives. A light lunch will be served when you opt for the three-tank dive.