Ocean Kayaking and Snorkeling
- Relax and exercise at the same time
- Escape town for a few hours
- Snorkel for tropical fish near Chora Island
- Location : Samara
- Time length : 3 hours
- Hours : mornings and afternoon during low tide
- Price : $49 per person
- Note : Transportation to/from hotel, kayak, paddle, life jacket, snorkel gear, snacks and water provided
Balance exercise with an escape, kayaking across a half-mile of gentle waves from Samara Bay to Chora Island. See what the craze is about when you join vacationers and locals during low tide, hopping into kayaks to paddle toward renowned relaxation.read more close
A shuttle will pick you up at your hotel and bring you directly to the shoreline. Learn kayaking basics from a bilingual local guide who's been back and forth to the island hundreds of times – and still gets mesmerized each day at its beauty.
With waves breaking just feet in front of you, keep your kayak straight to surge over white tops after your guide releases you. Settle into a paddling groove that will glide right to the sands of the Chora Island in about 20 minutes. Pull your kayak ashore and glimpse back at Samara Bay's precious coastline while your guide cuts fresh fruit to reenergize before snorkeling.
Snorkeling Chora Island
Find whole schools of fish wading to the movement of the current in the green coral crevices and canyons of the reef. Float near the area where two waves crash into each other from two different sides - the Samara Bay and the Pacific - over the protruding reef to see the largest variety of colorful fish. Chora Island's snorkeling is known to behold tons of guineafowl pufferfish, red snapper, tigerfish, and parrotfish. Deeper beneath the surface of the water, you can usually see starfish posted up next to sea urchins in the holes of the reef.
After snorkeling, swim ashore and hop into your kayak to sail seamlessly back toward Samara's shore. Brace yourself for one last rush boosted by a breaking wave; step out of the kayak onto the beach, and ride in the shuttle to your hotel.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in Samara and Playa Carrillo
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 50 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between three and four hours after tour start time