Miss Sky Canopy Tour
- Fly across 8 miles on 13 cables
- See views of Rio Montaña river valley, Nosara River mouth, and Nosara beaches
- Location : Nosara
- Hours : Two daily: 8 a.m.- noon and 1:30 p.m.- 5:30 p.m.; arrive early
- Time Length : 1.5 hours
- Price : $75 for adults; $50 for 12 under; cash only
- Office Hours : 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Attire : Closed toe shoes required
- Note : Must be in good health, must not be pregnant
Soar above the Rio Montaña river valley and gigantic Guanacaste, spiny cedar and Balsa trees in the invigorating quest of a Miss Sky Canopy tour, zipping eight miles across 13 cables strung between steel-reinforced concrete platforms grounded in the scenic mountainside.read more close
Zip Line Tour
The tour begins with excited anticipation as you and your fellow travelers strap on helmets, harnesses, gloves, and gather as the guides give a brief lesson on zip lining. Hop into the bed of a truck, and ride to the Miss Sky tropical dry forest hilltop for a scenic view of Nosara's beaches.
Walk to the base of the first cable; and in a determining moment, latch your buckle to the pulley on the double-wire to verify you're ready for exhilaration. Heart drumming, bop your feet forward from the hillside to start your momentum, releasing an adrenaline rush like no other as you levitate 2,500 feet in the air. Airborne, nothing can stop you — well, except the brake on the other end of the first half-mile line.
Safe on the other side, let one of your guides unhook you, and hike toward the second cable. Keep on zipping the remaining 12 cables — as adventurously or conservatively as you choose; stay in seated position, dare to flip upside-down and dangle by your ankles, spin continuously, or zoom backwards with no hands on the handlebars.
Whatever crazy moves you do, just be sure you keep your eyes open to see the incredible sights of Playa Guiones, Playa Pelada, Playa Nosara, Playa Ostional, and the Nosara River whizzing around you.
As you journey from the last cable toward the truck, watch for wildlife and stay alert — the guides like to monkey around.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in Playa Guiones, Playa Pelada and Nosara
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 30 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between three and four hours after tour start time