Los Cañones Canopy Tour
- Hours : 8 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Price : $59, complimentary access to hot springs included
- Duration : 2 hours
- Number of cables : 13 cables, 12 platforms, total distance in cable of 1.7 miles (2.8 km)
- Tarzan Swing : 1
- Longest cable : 1,640 feet (500 meters)
- Shortest cable : 164 feet (50 meters)
- Canyon depth from the cable : Between 121 feet (37 m) and 197 feet (60 m)
- Built : 1997; one of the oldest canopies of the area
Speed high above towering trees and jump off a creek with a Tarzan swing above a new-growth forest grounded in four canyons shaped by eruptions of Arenal Volcano with breathtaking views of Arenal Volcano and San Carlos Valley in Los Cañones Canopy Tour.read more close
Los Cañones Zip line course features a system of 1.7 miles (2.8km) of carbon fiber cable (which makes it thinner, more resistant and takes you in a faster speed than standard cables) where a secure pulley allows you to ride through 12 cables and 13 platforms anchored to trees with one Tarzan swing platform 72 feet (22 m) above a river canyon. One of the tallest fall in the area. The cable length varies between 164 feet (50 m) and 1,640 feet (500 m) above 121 feet (37 m) and 170 feet (52 m) from the canyon floor at speeds of 50 miles (80km) an hour – depending on your weight.
Our driver will pick you up at your hotel and bring you to the office.
You will check in at the office and a guide will help you gear up with a harness and a helmet. You will receive a safety briefing and the basics of how to use the tools to zip line Then, we will ride a truck to the top of a hill to the first cable where the adventure begins.