- Explore three different beaches along the pacific coast
- Paddle on the calm waters of the Nicoya Gulf
- Snorkel on Playa Blanca
- Time length : 3 hours
- Hours : 8 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. departures
- Price : $72.80 per person (without transportation)
- Location : 15 minutes form Jaco
The water is so clear on some of the beaches you can see through to the smooth cobblestones lying on the bottom of the pebble beach as you paddle ashore. On others, the forest comes right up to the beach and driftwood collects at the high tide line, but just around the point is the best beach of them all: Playa Blanca, a photogenic, beach where rippling sapphire waves spill across white sand.read more close
Kayak Jaco leaves from Playa Agujas, a half-hour north of Jaco, in the gulf of Nicoya. Visitors can choose the single/double sea kayaks or outrigger canoes (for larger groups) to paddle along the calm waters of the gulf to three different beaches. Along the way, they'll paddle past cliffs overgrown with rainforest flora and Punta Leona's Carara Bay on the way to virgin sands of Playa Blanca.
Once you reach Playa Blanca, guides offer a chance to go snorkeling among the rocks on the south side of the beach (if the water is clear enough) where yellow and blue striped fish wriggle between the rocks, and parrot fish plod by among gallant angel fish and midnight blue dancer fish. Even if you opt out of the snorkeling, you'll still get close to the sea creatures like the orange and purple Halloween crabs scuttle along the beaches in the area.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in Herradura, Jaco, Playa Hermosa Puntarenas
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between three and four hours after tour start time
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 50 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.