Jaco Beach and Crocodile Safari
- Gaze into the eyes of a crocodile
- Spot wild birds along the Tarcoles River
- Relax, swim and shop at Jaco Beach
- Pick up Time : 8 a.m.
- Time length : 9 hours
- Price : $125 per person;lunch included
Ride along the Tarcoles River for a chance at a close encounter with crocodiles and turquoise browed motmots, that you just won't find in San Jose. Soak in the sun at Jaco Beach with a passion fruit drink in hand, free from the stress of the world.read more close
A shuttle will pick you up at your hotel in San Jose, so be ready for a day of adventure. Grab your camera for this one; nearly 1,000 crocodiles and 61 species of wild birds are ready for their photo-shoot.
Stop at the Tarcoles River Bridge overlooking hoards of crocodiles sunbathing in the marshy land below.
Walk through a peaceful garden between passion flowers and butterflies at the Tarcoles riverbank, toward a dock. Ride up and down the river, where crocodiles may nudge at the side of your boat, posing for pictures with their mysterious glassy eyes just inches from your lens, before they submerge under the water.
Head to Jaco Beach, where fresh seaside air feels crisp and the chocolate-stained sand is toasty. Get lunch with your fellow travelers at a beach hotel before you stroll down the shoreline to test the waters with your toes. Nap under a palm tree, shop through the town, mingle with locals or stay by the pool for the rest of the afternoon. As the sun starts to set, board the shuttle back to San Jose for an evening in the city.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in San Jose, Alajuela, and Heredia
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 50 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.