Golfing lessons at La Iguana
- Record your swing
- Learn how to improve your swing
- Help for beginner and advanced golfers
- Location : Los Suenos in Herrardura
- Hour : Pro shop 6 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Telephone : 2630-9151
- Time length : 1 hour
- Price : $150
Looking to sharpen your game to beat your boss when you get back from vacation? Maybe you're just looking to unload your kids for an hour while you hit some balls on the driving range. Either way La Iguana has golfing lessons for all ages and experience levels.read more close
For experienced golfers looking for some advice to improve their swing the lessons begin in the swing studio. Inside, pros use specially designed equipment to record your swing, compare it with a professional golfer and figure out what you can do to enhance your swing.
For beginners, the golf pro will walk you through a perfect swing, starting with learning about the four skills that make-up your swing:
- Dynamic balance- balance while moving
- Flexibility- learning to coil and uncoil your body
- Strength- controlling strength and keeping a loose, but firm grip
- Hand eye coordination- putting the ball where you want it to go
After establishing your grip and hitting a few balls to get the basics of your swing ready in the swing studio, the pro will take you out to the chipping green where you learn to chip and putt. The teaching philosophy at La Iguana follows green to tee, thinking it's best to start to work with putting and chipping and move backwards to driving the ball.
So, with that in mind, you'll hit a few balls and the pro will correct your posture. The lesson ends after about 15 minutes on the green leaving you free to continue on the driving range or the 18-hole course through the rainforest at La Iguana (with a reservation).
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in Herradura, Jaco, Playa Hermosa Puntarenas
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 50 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between three and four hours after tour start time