Double Decker VIP City Bus
- Discover San Jose on a double-decker bus
- Enjoy Costa Rican Folk Permances
- See most of San Jose's iconic attractions
- Learn about Costa Rican Culture in a Creative Way
- Hours : 11 a.m. & 3:30 p.m.
- Tour Length : 4 hours and 15 minutes
- Meals Included : 11 a.m. lunch; 3:30 p.m. dinner
Experience the magical sights and sound of San Jose in comfort and safety aboard a double-decker bus and inspire yourself from Costa Rican folk music traditions and performing artists.read more close
Perched high above the city streets, double-decker San Jose VIP City Bus offers some of the best views of famous landmarks such as National Stadium, National Art Museum, National Theater, and much more!
Double Decker VIP City Bus drives you through scenic views of San Jose street life, making 10-20 minute stops at landmarks where your bilingual tour guide gives you a brief introduction of the attraction and lets you explore on your own. Hop back into the bus and continue to the next attraction until you have completely discovered San Jose.
Hear Costa Rican folk music performing singers and shimmy your body with a folk dancer at the beat of the guitar and marimba players while you ride double-decker bus. Got a favorite song? Sign it along!
Walk into one of the main gates of National Stadium where Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have hosted concerts. See paintings and sculptures of Costa Rican artists at the National Art Museum. Stretch your legs walking in a group from the San Jose Central Park, stop at the Metropolitan Cathedral and see religious art, and continue a few blocks to the lobby of the National Theater.
Loosen your belt for there's a feast of Costa Rican traditional food and juice drinks heading to a buffet lunch or dinner at a local restaurant. You can choose from a variety of typical salads, meats, chicken or fish, and rice and beans.
Hop in the bus to stroll around San Jose National Park and hear a brief description of its historic monument.
Wander through the Central Market of San Jose and shop for souvenir deals at local prices or just mingle with Costa Ricans taking part of their everyday life. Your guide will help you find what you are looking for in the market.
Head to the La Sabana Norte neighborhood and adorn yourself with hand-made Colombian emeralds and diamonds at a local Jewelry shop, check out the art gallery or simply walk to the back of the gallery where you can enjoy free coffee or a typical Costa Rican liquor.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in San Jose, Alajuela, and Heredia
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 50 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.