Chocuaco Waterfall Horseback
- Glide through Sierpe Mangroves
- Ride on Horseback into a private reserve with different landspaces
- Enjoy a pristine waterfall
- Tour departs : 8 a.m.
- Price : $60 per person
- Time Length : 8 hours
- Meals : Lunch included
- Location : Boca Chocauco Wildlife Refuge, Sierpe
Experience the mystical Chocuaco Waterfall as crystal clear water tumbles into a giant volcanic rock and winds its way through a sunlit pool where you can plunge and play in the water hearing the sound of birds, frogs and other creepers of the rainforest.read more close
Relax and set sail in a 15-foot catamaran on the northern Sierpe River canals reflecting picture-perfect skies, scenic mangroves and wildlife moments - your tour guide will help you spot birds and animals that live on the wetlands. As you approach Chocuaco Reserve, the river canal narrows bringing you closer to nature and flowing to the reserve wooden pier.
Saddle up and ride through old-growth forest, trot beneath towering rainforest trees, past banana and cocoa trees nestled into the forest, up to a mountain, canter through pasture land among horses and cattle, and ride along the creek into the dense jungle until you arrive to the pristine 125-foot Chocuaco Waterfall.
Play and cool off in the plunge pool set against a backdrop of luxuriant rainforest and enjoy the moment. Your guide will tell you when it is time to ride the horses back to the pier.
Drift back with the tide on the boat seeing sunset reflections on the still water and wildlife feeding on the riverbanks before the sunset. Dock into Sierpe Pier and get ready for your next adventure.
Departure & Return
- Departure Point : Tour departs from all major hotels and rental homes in low lands along Manuel Antonio, Dominical, Uvita, Ojochal and other coastal towns along the southern Pacific
- Departure Time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 120 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.
- Tour Details : Tour returns to original departure point between 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.