- Explore the canopies of transitional rainforest
- Ride 13 cables
- Look out on Hermosa beach from 150 feet in the air
- Time length : 2 hours
- Hours : 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 1 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.
- Price : $60 per person/child
- Location : Hermosa beach
Suspended on a platform above the rainforest outside Jaco on Chiclets the Canopy Tour, you can see down the entire coast of Hermosa beach – a view so perfect, it's worth the trip even without the zip lines (though I'm not sure how you'd get up there).read more close
Chiclets canopy tour takes you through the transitional rainforest along 13 cables, 15 platforms and a suspension bridge hung between two towering trees. A short truck ride takes you from the offices along Route 34 up 2,000 feet above sea level into the rainforest that drapes the hills around Hermosa Beach. The platforms are strapped to rainforest trees (such as the Chiclets tree that's sap can be chewed like gum) up to 150-feet above the forest floor.
These cables take you on an intimate excursion into the rainforest, so close you may be ducking your head to avoid an incoming branch. Experienced guides take all the necessary safety precautions, but that won't stop you from reaching speeds between 35 and 50 mph while riding the lines between trees.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in Herradura, Jaco, Playa Hermosa Puntarenas
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between three and four hours after tour start time
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 50 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.