Catamaran Nature Cruise
- Most affordable catamaran tour in Manuel Antonio
- Kayaks available upon request
- Hours : 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.; 1:30 p.m.- 6 p.m.
- Price : $85 per person
- Location : Quepos Marina
Join the Iguana Catamaran Nature Cruise for a ride along the Manuel Antonio coastline with snorkeling, kayaking and lunch served in a cove near Biesanz Beach.read more close
Tours last two to three hours and depart from the Quepos marina. After a brief talk on safety, the catamaran leaves the pier to scour the open waters for marine wildlife like dolphins, whales and sea turtles.
The catamaran takes a big loop while guests enjoy views from either of the through decks, snack on cookies and drink the fruit punch - included in the price of the tour. After passing by the Manuel Antonio National Park the boat returns close to the coastline dropping anchor in the cove near Biesanz Beach and an underwater rock renowned as the best snorkeling spot in Manuel Antonio.
Here you can either hop on the kayaks for a short self-guided tour around the cove or toss on snorkeling gear and swim out to a submerged rock to look for marine life. The visibility in the water isn't great, especially during the wet season (May-Nov.) but you'll still be able to see a few of the more colorful fish like the Sgt. Major fish, the rainbow cortez and the parrot fish.
After about an hour of enjoying the cove, the staff serves a lunch of sandwiches and tuna salad before heading back to the marina.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 50 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.