Bamboo Forest Waterfall Combo mountain biking
- Ride through bamboo and primary rainforest
- Swim at a waterfall
- Easy terrain for all ages
- Location : Uvita
- Hours : Flexible
- Price : $65 per person (advanced & intermediate terrain); $55 per person (easy terrain)
Roll through the back roads of Uvita, a small town nestled in Costa Rica's rainforest, and spend the day in the shade of giant seba trees, towering bamboo bunches and lolling rivers.read more close
The Bamboo Forest and Waterfall combo tour is a two-hour excursion across nearly flat, rocky terrain, on front-suspension mountain bikes; a good tour for families and couples who want to explore Uvita and get some exercise. Victor, tour operator and guide, will take you out behind his home, across a stream and through a bamboo farm. Cross through a river on foot and trek back into the primary rainforest.
Rest by the crisp, clean cascades of the Uvita River and take a dip in its cool spring-fed waters. A hundred yards from the river, a 40-foot waterfall ushers waters over its mossy cliff face into the river below. Hike among boulders and cobblestones, between the rivers and the waterfalls, but make sure to bring an old pair of shoes that can get wet. Enjoy a snack of fresh fruit by the river before coasting back into town, 4 miles in total.
Uvita Adventure Tours offers four different mountain biking tours ranging in difficulty from beginner to expert. The Bamboo Forest Waterfall Combo tour is the cheapest, easiest and most popular, but a six-hour trip into the mountain behind Uvita is only a $10 more.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from the town of Uvita. Transportation to Uvita is provided with an additional fee
- Departure time : As scheduled on tour start time
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point two to three hours afert tour start time