ATV Tour Manuel Antonio
- 12-mile ride through African palm orchard
- 1 mile hike through Rainmaker rainforest
- Swim in a natural pool
- Meal and transportation included
- Time length : 4 hours
- Hours : 7:30 a.m.; 11 a.m.; 2:30 p.m.
- Price : $105 Single Rider; $135 Double Rider; transportation in Manuel Antonio and a meal included
- Note : Photo services are available at an additional $20 per vehicle. If you opt out for this service, let your guide know and he will point out the best spots for you to stop and take your own pictures. For your safety, taking pictures or using your cell phone while you are driving is not allowed.
- Location : 10 minutes outside Manuel Antonio
Romp through muddy trails underneath acres of shady African palm trees on your way to the Rainmaker Rainforest Reserve for a hike to a waterfall and a swim at a natural pool to clean off all that dirt and mud you've earned on your journey with FourTrax ATV Tours in Manuel Antonio.read more close
The four-hour tour begins with a pick-up from your hotel in Manuel Antonio and a short drive outside town through the African palm orchards to the FourTrax adventure center. There, you'll get acquainted with one of 14 semi-automatic ATVs: learn how to operate it and give it a test drive before heading off for an adventure through the palm orchard.
The 12-mile journey will take you through the dirt roads of the local Costa Rican villages of San Rafael and La Parcela. Through sodden trails, winding switch backs and muddy streams of an African palm orchard, part of a 135,000 acre farm that grows African palm fruit for the production of palm oil.
Ride all the way to the Rainmaker Rainforest Reserve where you'll disembark your ATV for a mile-long hike into a secondary rainforest. Trek through the forest along hillsides and over bridges above streams on your way to visit a 150-foot waterfall and a natural pool; a refreshing place for a swim in cool spring-fed water.
Afterwards, you'll hike back to your ATV and head back through the palms to the adventure center where your journey began. A traditional Costa Rican meal of rice, beans, vegetables and chicken is waiting for you by the time you clean up. Exhausted, full and still reeling from the adrenaline of your ATV ride, you'll jump in a shuttle for transport back to your hotel in Manuel Antonio.
**don't forget to wear old clothes (they're probably going to get dirty) and bring sunscreen, bug spray and a bathing suit.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point two to four hours after tour start time
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 30 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.