ATV - Jaco
- Explore the dirt roads in the hills behind Jaco
- Visit small mountain towns, waterfalls and cafes
- Enjoy views of the Pacific coastline
- Location : 3 locations in Jaco
- Hours : 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Telephone : 2643-3130
- Time length : 3 hours
- Price : 1 hour $50; 2 hours $83; 3 hours $99; 4 hours $132; full day $198
You wouldn't know it by reading about Jaco, but there's actually more to do than hit the beach and the bars. ATV tours take you to the other side of Jaco where you'll drive down winding dirt roads through mountain passes that lead to small towns, secluded restaurants, views of the Pacific coastline and hidden waterfalls.read more close
AXR is like a one-stop shop for off-road adventures with buggy and ATV tours; motorbike, surfboard and scooter rentals; canopy, rafting and horseback riding tours, but the ATV tours are the most popular.
Guides offer different trail options based on rider experience levels – with tours for beginners and intermediates. Riders have freedom to choose where they want to go and how long they want to ride for with tours lasting anywhere from an hour to all day on either automatic or manual ATVs.
On a four-hour tour you can expect to ride around 50 miles. After a brief ride on the highway, you'll ride the dirt roads through the mountains behind Jaco with stops at a café overlooking the Pacific coastline, a viewpoint 1,900 feet above Jaco, the small mountain town of Bijagual and Jeremy's waterfall, a hidden thirty-foot waterfall with a natural pool at its base; great for washing the off the dust and mud.
Departure & Return
- Departure point : Tour departs from all major hotels in Herradura, Jaco, Playa Hermosa Puntarenas
- Departure time : Hotel pickup is between 20 and 50 minutes before tour start time depending on hotel location.
- Return details : Tour returns to original departure point between three and four hours after tour start time