Buddha Eyes Restaurant
Leave your shoes at the entrance and step inside the Buddha Eyes Restaurant, opening your senses to the blessings of locally sourced ingredients morphed into fusion cuisine unifying tastes of the Americas and Asia.read more close
Buddha Eyes' creative international cuisine is handcrafted in the kitchen of a Balinese-design inspired bamboo-ceiling restaurant overlooking a free-form saltwater pool in the center of the Pranamar Oceanfront Villas and Yoga Retreat. The natural essence of Costa Rica's fresh fruit and vegetables keeps its intense flavors, even as the chefs at Buddha Eyes contrive them into deluxe salads, seafood specialties, vegetarian entrees and refreshing smoothies.
You can eat at Buddha Eyes' for breakfast, lunch and dinner each day during your vacation and never grow tired of its fresh flavors — particularly since the dinner menu changes every evening. During our visit to Pranamar, we maximized our Buddha Eyes dining experience with the following choices.
- **Huevos rancheros, $8, corn tortillas, black bean purée, two sunny-side-up eggs, avocado, and jalapeno salsa
- Breakfast burrito, $8, gallo pinto (mixed rice and beans), scrambled eggs, in a sundried tomato tortilla, topped with fried plantains and cheese
- Omelet, $6, with choice of three fillings including mushrooms, spinach, cheese
- **Prana salad, $10, mixed greens, toasted almonds, feta cheese, carrots, beets, soy sesame dressing on the side, served with pita bread wedges
- Mediterranean sandwich, $10, zucchini, mushroom, lettuce, balsamic vinegar, herb and basil pesto
- Roasted beet salad, $10, spinach, beets, carrots, tomatoes, curry dressing on the side
- Add grilled seasonal fish for just $4
- Nicoya salad, $10, mixed greens, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, corn, roasted bell pepper, cabbage, jalapeno cilantro dressing on the side, served with crispy yucca root chips
- **Caipirinha collage, $9, Cahaca (Brazilian sugar cane rum), strawberries, pineapple, lime
- Tropical sangria, $11, rum, pineapple, coconut
- Strawberry margarita, $8, whole strawberries
- GOLD margarita, $15
- **Caterpillar roll, $10, eel, avocado, cream cheese
- **Seared tuna, $19, pineapple jalapeno chutney, served with sticky Panko-covered rice ball and steamed vegetables
- Spicy tuna cucumber maki roll, $11
- Red snapper, $19, in creamy curry sauce, served in a tempura shell alongside wild rice, steamed green beans, carrots, cauliflower
- Grilled avocado, $9, stuffed with chimichurri sauce
- Grilled red snapper, $19, on a bed of sweet potato and potato purée, served with vegetables in white-wine, mushroom and Dijon cream sauce
- Auyama pumpkin soup, $21, with shrimp and Parmesan flakes
- **Ice cream sandwich, $7, chocolate chip cookie and chocolate ice cream
- Passion fruit and key lime pie, $7
** Our favorites
Bali got picked up and placed in Santa Teresa: swank modern design, cool wooden floors, bamboo ceilings, funky chandeliers, stylish bar with plasma screen TV, and wicker chairs facing the free-form saltwater pool.
Polite/proficient, yet the casual treatment you're expecting from a yoga-retreat restaurant on the beach.
Breakfast $6-$8; Lunch $10-$16, Dinner $7-19; Drinks $3-$16
Breakfast 7 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
Lunch 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Dinner 6 p.m.-9 p.m., bar open until 10 p.m.