Miel de Chiverre - Honeyed White Spaghetti Squash
Cooking Time: 2 hours Yield: 12 servings Level: Advance
1 large white spaghetti squash
2 2/3 lb unrefined and unbleached whole sugar cane or tapa de dulce, broken into small pieces
6 cinnamon sticks
6 figs, diced
- Preheat oven to 350° F (177° C)
- Bake white spaghetti squash for 30 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet and leave outside of oven overnight.
- Split white spaghetti squash with a hammer so that it breaks. Core squash but leave the seeds. Rinse flesh thoroughly and strain through cloth.
- Heat three cups water in saucepan over medium high heat. Add tapa de dulce and bring it to boil until the tapa de dulce is completely dissolved. Strain liquid to take the foam out of it.
- Pour strained liquid back into the saucepan. Add 1 cup water, cinnamon, figs, white spaghetti squash seeds and cloves. Cook mix over medium heat until thick, stirring occasionally with a wood spoon. Serve cold.