Ensalada Rusa - Beet & Potato Salad
Cooking Time: 1 Hour 30 min Yield: 8 servings Level: Intermediate
2 cups sugar beets
3 cups potatoes
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
1 medium size rib celery
2 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar cane natural vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice, fresh squeezed
- Boil potatoes, carrots, and eggs in a saucepan over high medium heat for 20 minutes or until vegetables and eggs are done. Refresh under running water. Drain and transfer to a cutting board.
- Boil beats in a separate saucepan over high medium heat for 60 minutes. Refresh under running water. Drain and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut potatoes and beats into small 1/4 inch cubes, and carrots in thin circles.
- Shell eggs and cut them in thin circles.
- Combine cilantro, and all vegetables in a bowl. Add mayonnaise, eggs, vinegar, lime juice, and salt. Serve cold.