Jaco Places to Stay
Jaco has the most affordable hotel and hostel prices, plus widest access to restaurants, nightlife and surfing. It is however, just the central hub for all the smaller satellite beaches, each with its own benefits:
- Herradura Beach is known for its marina, golf course and luxury beaches
- Hermosa Beach has the best surf and good parties
- Playa Esterillos has a solid beach community, natural beauty, good surf and a local vibe
- Playa Bejuco has a secluded natural atmosphere.
Most of the hotels in Jaco are located near the main road of Pastor Diaz. There's a wide variety of prices and most are within two or three blocks of the beach. It's the best place to stay for those interested in the nightlife. Good for solo travelers, surfers, couples and families.
- For about $15, you'll get a shared dorm or private bedroom, shared bathroom, A/C, Wi-Fi, pool. Most hostels have common rooms, some have kitchens and many do not offer breakfast
- For about $80, you'll get a comfortable room within two blocks of the beach with twin or queen beds, cable TV, A/C, Wi-Fi, safety deposit box, pools and breakfast.
Herradura Beach (six miles from Jaco)
A popular destination for locals from San Jose, home to the Los Suenos Marina, the Marriot and the La Iguana golf-course. Good for families, honeymooners and couples.
- For about $200, you can find rooms with themes like the Spanish colonial style found at the Marriot where the rooms have every luxury including but not limited to mini-fridge, security deposit box, A/C, WiFi, TV, and breakfast, huge pools and ocean views.
Hermosa Beach(two miles from Jaco)
The best spot for surfers who want to ride some of the best waves Costa Rica has to offer. Lots of hotels along the beach, but the north-end has the most famous break. Good for surfers and solo travelers.
- For about $100, you'll find rooms with twin- and queen-size beds, TV, Wi-Fi, A/C, pools and breakfast, on the beach.
- For about $200, you can find luxury rooms with queen- and king-size beds, good views, pools, fully equipped kitchens, flat screen TVs, A/C, Wi-Fi, balconies, patios and breakfast, on the beach.
Playa Esterillos (15 miles from Jaco)
Far enough from Jaco to escape the mass tourism, close enough to enjoy the nightlife. Esterillos has good surf, a community feel, a couple of restaurants and at least one bar depending on what part of the beach you're on. Good for families, couples and surfers.
- For about $15, you'll find some small surfer casitas near the beach with basic amenities.
- For about $65, you'll find simple accommodations on the beach with twin- or queen-size beds, Fans, WiFi and breakfast.
- For about $200, you'll find beautifully decorated and fully furnished rooms on or near the beach, with Jacuzzis, outdoor and indoor showers, mini-fridge, security deposit box, A/C, WiFi, TV, and breakfast.
Playa Bejuco (20 miles from Jaco)
Playa Bejuco is a long and secluded beach with only two hotels (Hotel Playa Bejuco and Hotel Delfin) and a mini-super. This area has natural beauty and is great for couples and families who are most interested in the beach and the hotel.
- For about $80, you'll find spacious rooms with double- or queen-size beds, pools, A/C, TV, Wifi, safety deposit boxes, close to the beach with breakfast.