Dominical Places to Stay
The Dominical region encompasses a large area starting in the small surf town of Dominical and stretching all the way down to Ojochal – a small international community known for its restaurants and fine dining. In Between, you'll find accommodations in every price range. Most hotels and hostels are located in Dominical, Uvita or Ojochal, but you'll also find a variety of places to stay just off Route 34 as it runs along the coast.
The small beachside town of Dominical is a haven for surfers, backpackers and families. Low and mid-priced hostels and hotels line the tropical dirt roads. Dominical is the best place to stay for visitors looking for a party, experienced surfers wanting to catch some waves and anyone looking for a relaxing beachside town to get away from it all.
- For about $15-$20, you can find hostels with private rooms with bathrooms, hot water and fans close to the beach.
- For about $50-$100, you can find hotel rooms with full-size and single beds with A/C, hot water, Wi-Fi and breakfast, close to the beach.
Uvita (12 miles south of Dominical)
Uvita captures the imagination of outdoor enthusiasts and honeymooners looking for adventure among beaches and waters off the coast of Ballena National Marine Park. Just 11 miles south of Dominical along Route 34, Uvita's a small community, but with a more local atmosphere than Dominical. Uvita has a range of low, mid and high-end hotels and hostels to choose from.
- For about $10, you can find hostels with shared dorms and bathrooms, hot water, a common kitchen and Wi-Fi.
- For about $15-$20, you can find hostels with private rooms with bathrooms, hot water, common kitchens and Wi-Fi.
- For about $50, you can find hotel rooms with double and single beds, A/C, hot water, TV and Wi-Fi.
- For about $100, you can find eco-lodges with private rooms with fans and hot water with breakfast.
- For $200-$500, you can find luxury hotel rooms with king-size beds, private patios and every amenity including but not limited to mini-fridge, security deposit box, A/C, WiFi, TV, and breakfast, huge pools and ocean views.
Ojochal (19 miles south of Dominical)
Ojochal is another small town across from Playa Tortuga along Route 34. Less frequented than Uvita or Dominical, Ojochal has an international community with an extraordinary reputation for the more than 15 restaurants found around town. Foodies and escapees looking for a more secluded experience will enjoy all that Ojochal has to offer.
- For about $50, you can find rooms with double beds, A/C and hot water with breakfast.
- For about $100, you can find room with single and double beds, A/C, cable, fans and patios with breakfast