- Location : 19 miles southeast of Jaco
- Temperature Range : 75-90º F
- Altitude : Sea level
- Summary : Secluded, just a short drive to the attractions and nightlife of Jaco and Manuel Antonio.
- Attractions : Carara National Park, beaches
- Activities : Surfing, sunbathing
- Caters to : Couples/honeymooners, families, surfers
Playa Bejuco is a mile long, sandy stretch of burnt-toffee sand shaped like a long exclamation point dotted with an estuary at its south-end. The breeze carries in the mist from the ocean's powerful waves as the air fills with the music of thousands of tropical birds flocking to the palms at sunset.read more close
Couples, families and surfers looking for secluded intimate experiences with the beach need only drive 20 miles south of Jaco to Playa Bejuco. The beachfront, lined with palm trees, is made up of only two hotels, Hotel Bejuco and Hotel Delfin; beside a handful of homes. Visitors can find basic services like a small café and a mini-supermarket, but those looking for a night on the town will have better luck in Jaco. Surfers will find beach breaks and powerful waves along Playa Bejuco, but swimmers need be wary of the strong rip currents.